Thursday 13 October 2016

Dreams do come true

G'day mate, I've arrived down under and for some reason my selfies are suddenly upside down hahaa.


If you asked me as a kid what my dream was I would always answer 'to visit Australia'. I'm finally at a stage in my life where it could become a reality.


Anyway the journey here was longggg. I wasnt nervous for the journey until the day before I was due to leave and illness struck. I somehow found an ounce of energy to get the final bits ready and headed to bed at 11pm with a 3:30am wake up call. Well there I was led in bed stressed at feeling so ill knowing the 26 hours travel I had ahead of me would be horrible when ill. I think I managed 2 hours sleep until my alarm awoke me. I suddenly leapt out of bed all excited and amazingly didn't feel to bad. It was right weird. i was sad to leave Buster though.


The entire journey to Heathrow I think i was sat in the car smiling to myself while dad drove and mum & Jen slept. Checked into the flight but unfortunately wasnt complimentary upgraded to business class (I can dream). Had a last family coffee date, said our farewells then found Costa in departures, classic us!


Time to fly... the first flight was fine. For someone who doesn't like films or TV shows I managed to somehow find some things to watch. I especially enjoyed the live on plane cameras. There we were watching the live landing when we notice (and felt) our pilot abort landing and accelerate towards the sky again at the last minute. I think I held my breath until we finally landed about 20 minutes later. A quick stop in Abu Dhabi then straight onto the second flight. An 11 hour flight felt like 24 hours. The last few hours of the flight I felt very disoriented and hungover even though I had touched no alcohol. My body did not have a clue what time zone we were on. I was so glad when the plane landed.


To start our Aussie adventure in style jen and I were treated to two nights in a hotel by some lovely family (thank you Sharon and Graham). Well come 8:30pm aussie time we crashed and I didn't wake up until 11am. A whole 15 hours. Jet lag defeated!! I was so grateful to have two days in a private room away from hostel life to overcome the long flight. We even braved the outside infinity pool for 5 minutes. It was freezing but we would have regretted it if we didn't.


We are now in a hostel and the real travelling begins I guess.


Amester x

2 comments:

  1. I had saved your blog -will look forward to reading your updates. Have fun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) thank you! Hope you enjoy them. Hope you are well xxx

      Delete