Monday 14 July 2014

Smooth Move

Food, I just love food! My staple diet tends to consist mainly of overindulging in; Costa, Subway, McDonalds, chips, chocolate, crisps and ice-lolly’s! These are my all-time favourites that satisfy my cravings!! Not healthy one bit!!! Ok so it’s not all entirely unhealthy, I do eat salad a fair bit as well. Thats a balanced diet right! hahaa
  
Prior to my holiday I wanted to make a conscious effort to try and improve my figure. This didn't entirely go to plan; however, I do think I looked acceptable in a bikini and did feel comfortable in it next to my best friends, all of whom have body’s id die for!  So I guess that is an achievement in itself.

One effort I implemented was to eat more fruit. You see, I do actually like fruit but the stigma surrounding healthy foods means I view them as boring. Also I never feel satisfied after eating fruit, I am always still hungry! Me and my sister remembered that stored away somewhere in the house was a smoothie maker. We dug this out, went to the shop and bought our fruit. We then threw a mixture of ingredients into the smoothie maker and hoped for the best!

My favourite so far is a strawberry and banana with natural yogurt smoothie. This is surprising, considering normally I dislike bananas.

Select chosen ingredients
Cut the fruit up into smaller pieces
Add fruit, 3/4 tablespoons of natural yogurt & a little bit of water into smoothie maker.
Mix together in smoothie maker, pour into a glass and enjoy!!
I've decided the art of smoothie making is trial and error – measurement guesstimates, trying of the initial outcome then amending/ adding extra if necessary.  

Amester x

No comments:

Post a Comment